KINN was born on the idea that you shouldn’t be giving away your privacy to be able to keep in touch with your friends and family, like on most social media platforms.
KINN uses your contacts data to show you upcoming birthdays, remind you on the day about your friends and family’s birthdays and suggest other people to keep in touch, doing everything on device.
- In order to function as intended KINN needs access to your contacts details and optionally, permissions to schedule notifications.
- No data is ever uploaded or downloaded through KINN. KINN does not require an internet connection and will continue to work fine without one.
- Personal information about your contacts are processed exclusively on device in order to compute certain information (like your contacts’ age at a certain time).
- KINN saves the settings preferences unencrypted on device. These do not contain any personally identifiable information.
- Favourites List and Exclusions List are saved as a list of UUIDs (Universally Unique Identifiers) are saved locally on device unencrypted.